Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

I have a question please ...!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Batman: Dark Tomorrow
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Batman64

PostPosted: Feb Fri 13, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: I have a question please ...!! Reply with quote

Hello I am a french and i want to know if Batman Dark Tomorrow is very good icon_biggrin.gif because the french magazines give 1/5 icon_evil.gif .... But I would like buy this game icon_razz.gif

Thank you very much. icon_wink.gif
Kemco_Tom

PostPosted: Feb Fri 13, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonjour Batman64,

I would suggest reading these boards a bit. There are plenty of posters here who love the game, despite its flaws. And to be fair, others hate it with a passion. It all comes down to what you expect from a game.

If you are all about the Batman atmosphere, a good story, and wonderful cinema sequences, you should love BDT.

If you're a stickler for gameplay functionality, good use of camera, and controls, you might not like it so much.

Personally, I could deal with the quirky camera and controls, and really got into the story and action. Do I wish it was better? Sure I do. But for what it is, I was able to have a good time with BDT.

Hopefully you should be able to pick it up for a good price - I've seen it going for less than $20 USD here, so maybe you can get a similar deal on your side of the pond.

Thanks for stopping by icon_smile.gif

TK
View users profile Send private message
the scarecrow

PostPosted: Feb Sat 14, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are a huge Batman fan....and i mean the real Batman from the comics...then you should really see that Kemco captured the Dark Knight better than anyone ever has... period. i do recommend the Gamecube version though as it is far superior.

if it tells you anything, i have purchased 2 copies of the Gamecube version (i play one and one remains sealed in original shrink wrap) and a Xbox version as well.

simply some of the best $ i have spent, period. i am a huge fan of The Batman and Dark Tomorrow is the best game around. do not be so quick to judge games off of someone's review.....if someone sits down with the game (as most reviewers do) for less than 30 minutes they probably slammed it.......get use to the controls and camera, dive into the atmosphere, serious nature and incredible cinema work and give the game some time and you will see the brilliance of the game and the nuances it brings forward.

thats my 2 cents...Batman Dark Tomorrow is my all time favorite game period so please try it and give it some time...you will find it is well worth it!!
Batman64

PostPosted: Feb Sat 14, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you !! icon_wink.gif I shall buy this game icon_biggrin.gif.
the scarecrow

PostPosted: Feb Sat 14, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool deal 64...for the price you can get it for these days it is a steal. remember to be patient with the game. the camera can be quite frustrating at first.....just be patient with it and you will get used to it. that is the reviewers biggest complaint and it is quite justified but once you get used to it you don't think about it that much.

two of my favorites sequences are when i am creeping thru the corridors of the castle with the eerie music playing behing me......and also once i reach the Himilayas (sp?).....sneaking around in the snow storm is brilliant. i also got to say that the cinemas are better than any Batman movie ever produced and the soundtrack is phenominal. i wish the Dark Tomorrow soundtrack was available for purchase...any chance of that Tom?

good luck 64...be patient with the game and you will realize its genius. people who play it for a few minutes and put it down due to some weird cameras and control truely miss out on the ultimate Dakr Knight game.

and again...to Tom and anyone else from Kemco who patrols these boards...thank you for Dark Tomorrow!
Batman1989

PostPosted: Feb Sat 14, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Scarecrow nailed it. You need patience for some of the camera angles, But KEMCO did an Incredible job capturing what the Dark knight is. And for what it is selling for now is a STEAL.

Im all excited all over agin, time to fire up the ol' Gamecube!

b89
the scarecrow

PostPosted: Feb Sat 14, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm with you 1989!!!! God, i wish we had another serious Batman game that was on the horizon.

time to fire up Dark Tomorrow for another run. the game gets better and better with each outing.

thanks, Kemco, for the definitive Batman game!
Adoug

PostPosted: Feb Tue 17, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the pics. Especially the one of "the Bat" hangin off the side of the building with the rain. icon_twisted.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Batman: Dark Tomorrow All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum