Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

POINTLESS???.....i think so.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Kemco Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidsmith44

PostPosted: Dec Thu 19, 2002 11:12 pm    Post subject: POINTLESS???.....i think so. Reply with quote

Am I the only person that thinks DareDevil is the most pointless game ever made?? I just rented it and i think its the worst i have played yet. You just drive around collecting coins. wooptie doo. icon_exclaim.gif !!!!! Games should have more of a point than this before people start going out wasting their money on what could be better used as a blank disc.
View users profile Send private message
goldeneye343

PostPosted: Jul Wed 28, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: same here Reply with quote

POINTLESS im beginning not to like kemco any more there has not been a good top gear game since over drive on the n64 and they claim not to have plans on releaseing 1 for gc i hate them they always make bad games this gen what about top gear remake for gba or even ds i mean dare devel looks like it was made by another kemco not the same kemco i 1ce knew on snes and i started noticing the downhill direction when n64 was released lol i dont know if you all pay attention there wasnt many games on n64 like snes had from kemco top gear dare devel was the worst top gear ive ever played the next top gear better be a racer or i will make sure no 1 buys kemco games agian
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Adoug

PostPosted: Jul Wed 28, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy there Goldeneye... icon_wink.gif Try not to lose your head. Just keep the posts tasteful. I wouldnt want to have to use my Moderator power...but seriously, good, bad, whatever, I like to hear everyones thoughts. icon_twisted.gif
seashellred

PostPosted: Aug Wed 04, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: pointless game-- i can better that one Reply with quote

The worst game I have ever come across is Race Drivin' for SNES. Everybody who thinks they know the worst game should play Race Drivin' so they can compare what they think is the worst game to this one and I think they'd agree me. Now I'm aware that there's a bunch of games that are just plain bad or boring out there, but as far as the worst, well, now you know my vote. When I think about it (which isn't that often) I still scratch my head wondering what they were thinking when they released this game. I have not played DareDevil, but it can't be worse than Race Drivin'. [/b]
Coarse Limely

PostPosted: Aug Fri 06, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal least favorite game is Chrono Cross. I loved Chrono Trigger so much, and then Square releases this piece of garbage and calls it a sequel. I'd love to have sat in on their brainstorming session when the idea was being tossed around.

Square employee #1: "Let's make an RPG with a tiny box of text in the corner of the screen that the player selects their attacks from. Ordinarily, of course, such a box would be attatched to other menus and be located somewhere near the center of the screen so that the player could keep an eye both on the menus and the action going on on-screen, but we haven't made a really, really painful game since King's Knight, so let's go for it!"

Square employee #2: "Hmm. Gamers might not buy such a game, if it's so painful...

Square employee #1: "Well...Why don't we just slap the Chrono Trigger name on it? That game has such a rabid following that we could sell a CD-case full of dirt with that logo on it."

Square employee #2: "Yeah! We'll include only a few token members of the Chrono Trigger development team, exclude the brilliant designs of Akira Toriyama, and pretty it up with a bunch of lengthy cut-scenes and pre-rendered backdrops! We don't even need the storyline to correlate with the original game at all so long as we add a little dialog towards the end of the game which 'explains' where everything came from!"

I would rather play Superman 64 and your "Race Drivin" game than Chrono Cross again.
seashellred

PostPosted: Aug Mon 09, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: I win for the worst game! Reply with quote

Oh Course, you don't know what you are saying! At least you get to do things in your least favorite game... In Race Drivin, you are obviously driving, but the frame rate looks like about one frame for about every few seconds. Seriously, it's that slow!!! If you have a "slow" button on your VCR remote, its very similar to watching a video on that mode. So trying to control the car working with that problem, you ask yourself, do I try to turn when the frame is stopped or when the frame moves in the blink of an eye? Either way, you lose because its just not worth trying to work out the timing. So it's not just a boring game or a game with loose controls or bad camera angles, but it is just made very, very badly. And for the SNES whose put out games such as the Donkey Kong Country series, they are so beautiful and excellently done, I just don't see why Nintendo accepted the Race Drivin' game into their collection or not giving it back and told the makers to at least smooth out the frame rate if nothing else... JUNK I tell you, nothing but junk! I feel I should've posted a review on gamefaqs.com to warn people about this game, but fortunately, a couple of others beat me to it. One reviewer says, "Please take a pass on this one, unless you're curious about the game's awfulness. If you get this game for free you'll still feel ripped off." My sentiments exactly. But you can go to gamefaqs.com and read them for yourself. Then check out your Chrono Cross reviewer scores... mine wins!!! Mwhahahahahhaha!!! icon_lol.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Coarse Limely

PostPosted: Aug Tue 10, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reviewer scores are meaningless to me. Tons of people will defend Chrono Cross to the death because it's made by their Almighty Squaresoft or because Square called it the sequel to Chrono Trigger, not because it's a good game, because it isn't. Likewise, tons of reviewers hated Shadowgate 64 or Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness, while I myself loved those games.
Adoug

PostPosted: Aug Tue 10, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to agree with Coarse Limey on the fact that I like to take my own word on a game, not someone elses. That way, I dont miss out on a jewel. There have been instances where I really like a game for instance and the reviewer did not. To each his own. icon_twisted.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Kemco Archives All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum