Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Good Game But...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Batman: Dark Tomorrow
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Jun Sat 26, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Good Game But... Reply with quote

I think Batman Dark Tomorrow is a great game and the graphics are totally cool but I've got to know why there is something wrong with saving games on the GameCube version. It would save and load fine on the same session but when I turn off the system then start the game again later on, the save file is there but the game says that the file is corrupted. All my other games save perfectly fine. Anyone have this problem also?
Phlibbit

PostPosted: Jun Sun 27, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, no. I haven't ever had that problem with my version...
View users profile Send private message
Adoug

PostPosted: Jun Mon 28, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What type of memory card is it? If you continue to have this trouble, I would call Nintendo's Consumer Service line at 1-800-255-3700. I used to work there, they have a great database for helping people. icon_twisted.gif

PostPosted: Jul Sun 04, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This problem is apparently not because of the memory card if other games work fine with it. It must be the game itself in how it creates and accesses the nintendo memory card. Kemco should thoroughly test its games to make sure it covers all problems before it gets released.
Adoug

PostPosted: Jul Tue 06, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kemco actually does test all games we publish very aggressively, both with in house testing and developer testing. Also, all games released to market (on console) must pass Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo's technical requirments before shipping. Although I am sure most games come out with some bugs, most (if not all) of the really bad bugs (i.e. hard locks, memory card issues, etc) are fixed. Due to the complexity of todays games, it is hard to catch them all (no, not Pokemon icon_cool.gif ). Sometimes, when a consumer uses an non licensed product, (one that has not been tested and approved by Nintendo in this case) it will not work properly. You can tell a licensed product for Nintendo, for example, by the Gold (or sometimes white) Seal of Approval that says Official Nintendo Seal, generally, it is on the front of the package. You can see the seal on Nintendo games. This means that the product (memory cards, controllers, games, etc) have been tested and approved and will be compatible with the system. Sometimes, the unlicensed product will even void the warranty depending on the circumstances. icon_twisted.gif FYI.
Phlibbit

PostPosted: Jul Tue 06, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Adoug has a point. I'm sure the game works fine with all of the official Nintendo memory cards. It might not work with something like, say, a nyko or interact third party memory card.

PostPosted: Jul Thu 15, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of which are official 59-block nintendo gamecube memory cards not third party and batman dark tomorrow still cannot save to the memory card saying that it had to be formatted. knowing it would delete everything, i opted not to format the memory card. this made it impossible to save without the "corrupt file" dialog when trying to load it back.
Phlibbit

PostPosted: Jul Thu 15, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if it says you need to format the memory card to save, then you're probably trying to save an international game save on a US game, or something like that. If you're an importer, I suggest using a card for JAP games, and another separate card for US games. Easy.

PostPosted: Jul Thu 15, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going by this logic, since I have a US gamecube, US memory card (both), and all games are US versions, I'm assuming that the Batman Dark Tomorrow game must have been a JAP import which is weird since it was sold in a US store (toys r us). I am not an importer just a regular customer.
Phlibbit

PostPosted: Jul Fri 16, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. That's weird. Try using your BDT game on a friend's Gamecube, and using their memory card as well...

PostPosted: Jul Fri 16, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

game is for sale in us and canada so it was US version. it seems to work on a blank US formatted memory card i had then i tried to see if i saved something else on it AFTER if it would make batman dark tomorrow say its a corrupt file. when it is the first block saved (possibly first slot on card window in memory card manager) it has no problems saving/retrieving.

it also seems very weird that it is the only game that has its save progressbar go by pretty fast (most games save in 3 seconds this one seemed 1.5 seconds ... possibly a cause). But at least it is working now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Batman: Dark Tomorrow All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum