Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Lagoon Made Again
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Kemco Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acidmagic

PostPosted: Jan Sun 26, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Lagoon Made Again Reply with quote

I have been working to make a new game based on Lagoon for the SNES. I just hope Kemco would think about releasing it again, or a new game or a re-make of Lagoon, for the GBA or even the PS2. I thought it was such a great game. The game I´m making is kind of a Symphony Of The Night, or at least the idea. But, i already know, there is no chance on earth I´d be able to develop such a great game against incredible companies such as Knoami, Kemco, capcom and others.

Does anyone else think Lagoon should be remade? I would love to see it. Either a new release for the GBA or a brand new game for the PS2.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Coarse Limely

PostPosted: Jan Wed 29, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah. The way I see it, if you're going to remake an SNES classic like Lagoon on the GBA, you should give it link-up features to a brand-spankin' new GAMECUBE title by way of sequel. For example: While exploring a familiar area in the GAMECUBE version, you come upon a cave or castle that was in the original. Instead of having that cave or castle be actually in the GAMECUBE title, the player links up to the GBA and plays through the area in original SNES style by way of the original game's cart. Minor graphical/inventory changes could be made in order to splice it into the GAMECUBE title's timeline, but I think a feature like that would be really cool. I think it's an awful waste of ideas like these when companies make a game for GBA, but then make the console version on ps2.
View users profile Send private message
acidmagic

PostPosted: Jan Wed 29, 2003 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be a great idea, but the downside is, and this is the main reason that developers don´t do such things, is that you are forcing the player to actually acquire both game consoles and both games, which are expensive when new. So you will sell a game which actually a very low percentage of buyers can afford.

That`s why games that nowadays connect GBA with the GC have extras when you finish both games, but it is not crucial nor vital for you to have both. Maybe the one thing that could be done is that there is a New Game option, and a GBA/GC Game for the GC game, so that the player can play the normal game or tha game that you suggest, with both GC and GBA.

Oh, and by the way, I am not developing for the GBA, but for PCs. I don´t even know how much Nintendo´s fee is for the GBA code book and license.

PostPosted: Jan Fri 31, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, there's no reason why you would have to have the GBA version to play through the GAMECUBE one. Just have some secret dungeons in the GAMECUBE version that you unlock by hooking up your GBA with the Lagoon cart in it.

As far as Nintendo's liscencing fees and such, check out www.warioworld.com . It's Nintendo's developer website. They weren't accepting applications for GBA developers right now, but if you have connections with publishers, then you can get approved for a kit.
Coarse Limely

PostPosted: Jan Fri 31, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn it! Forgot to log in. That last one was me, acid.
acidmagic

PostPosted: Feb Wed 26, 2003 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, sorry i have been away the whole month.
thanks for the site, but I`ll stick to the PC right now, probably in the future could become a licensee for the gba but this year I´m full of work.

Anyway, i like the idea of having a normal game option for the GCN, and another Special Game option which requires you to have both GCN and GBA. There are incredible possibilities, like having two people playing at the same time, one at the GCN and one on the GBA. It wouldn´t be a hit, but surely a very attractive experiment that many would praise, just for innovation, even if nobody could buy it.

I do believe after all, that GCN and GBA compatibility has not been properly used and probably never will if developers just keep on using the beat-the-game-on-the-GBA = unlock-some-extras-on-the-GCN formula. I wonder when will someone have a brilliant idea that blows everyone´s mind, a true milestone. I had my hopes with Zelda but now i´m not so sure. Maybe no one will have that great idea, and we will see the normal formula forever while GBA and GCN last.
Synbios

PostPosted: May Sat 10, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe I made a post just like this in the other forum
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
joel

PostPosted: Aug Fri 15, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: lagoon2 Reply with quote

I think it could be remade but what i think most is that they should do a new lagoon game..
it need to have better music because lagoon hade the best music ever made.
and i liked the end very much because there are many hard bosses after each other so it should have many bosses.
and i just loved feeling you really got in to the game...(probably because the music).
Coarse Limely

PostPosted: Aug Sat 16, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. Those were some great tunes, joel! My favorite was Voloh village's theme. If you loved Lagoon, you should check out Ys Book I & II that's being republished (with upgraded graphics and sound) on the PC and ps2 this winter. It was originally released on the Turbo-Grafx CD system, and had music on-par with Lagoon's, for the most part. It's still held as one of the best game soundtracks ever composed. It also has similar gameplay (Lagoon actually came after Ys, so Seika took their cues from it when developing Lagoon). They made 3 other titles after Book I & II, but none of them acquired the level of popularity that the originals did. Falcom is bringing the series back, though, and the anime is just being released in America (also very much worth checking out), so maybe we'll see an Ys Book VI someday. Lagoon 2 could go head-to-head with it, and I'd be giddy as a schoolgirl over it!
joel

PostPosted: Aug Sun 17, 2003 3:17 am    Post subject: lagoon Reply with quote

thanks for telling me about those games...

my favorite music is elffield or title screen maby ... i love them all but not dwarf desert and dwarf cave so much
joel

PostPosted: Aug Sun 17, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i download Ys games somewhere?
Coarse Limely

PostPosted: Aug Mon 18, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be able to get the emulated version for the Sega Master System, but Book II never came out for that system, so you'll only be able to play up to the end of Book I. Look for it under the heading "Ys: Vanished Omens."
joel

PostPosted: Aug Tue 19, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx i found it...

PostPosted: Aug Wed 20, 2003 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speak of the devil:
http://www.falcom.co.jp/ys6/index.html

Lo, for I have drooled for this game.
Coarse Limely

PostPosted: Aug Wed 20, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn login cookies. That last one was me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Kemco Archives All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum