Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battle of Kursk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smaug_the_dragon

PostPosted: Jul Mon 18, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Battle of Kursk Reply with quote

Has anyone played this yet? Great tank battles, it gets hairy in the beginning becuase Green has such a hard time. I also found that you can't do that "cheap " manuever early of taking out the defences on the Capitol hex and capturing Yellow. They have way too much AA that can take out your capturing chopper. I just took yellow's cities as Blue and controlled Green army up top and coordinated what I wanted to do from there. I found if i could make use of yellow's cities to the east, then I hada placed for my battered units to run to, level up and then get back in the war. As green I took the red city east of Red's capitol, sent that capturing unit further south to go after those cities. He didn't last long , but he did divert and spread out Red. This allowed Green to stay alive long enough for Blue to take out Yellow. I needed twenty turns to do this.

Otherwise my tanks run out of shells and they get decimated. Any thoughts on this battle?
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Mon 18, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great map for an all out slugging match between armor. Cool

You're strategy is almost the same as mine. I pretty much plow through with lots of reinforcements, supplies and some capture capable armor for strategic waypoints.

NOTE: Trying to grab a quick victory is just too hard here without a better land force for assistance. Which, is of course too busy charging headlong into the enemy. Laughing

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Jul Tue 19, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real trick was playing with Green Army. They had to survive long enough for Blue to get it's act together. A friend of mine is goin g to ally with with me in this map, I told him I would take Green and he'd have twenty turns to do something with Blue. I had Yellow defeated in 24 turns. It wasn't pretty but "Jawohl!" it worked!
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Tue 19, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
The real trick was playing with Green Army. They had to survive long enough for Blue to get it's act together. A friend of mine is goin g to ally with with me in this map, I told him I would take Green and he'd have twenty turns to do something with Blue. I had Yellow defeated in 24 turns. It wasn't pretty but "Jawohl!" it worked!

Lol, massive land battles usually never are "pretty". Though you have a point, if Blue doesn't fool around and gets mobilized fast enough, Green isn't too outgunned. However, I think in about 23-25 turns I had Yellow beaten without too much, if any help from Blue.

Though I have yet to try this map with 2 Human players. Might have to convince my friend. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: