Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AAR Post Board
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Thu 29, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: AAR Post Board Reply with quote

Feel free to post your AAR's here. Specifically created by request. Enjoy!

Adoug Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Oct Wed 05, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems that there is a lack of After Action Reports... Shocked

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Oct Thu 06, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will see if I can't devote some time to the game tonight. I have been reading a bunch of AARs and have some ideas. I gotta get my writing skills back in line too for an upcoming project.

EDIT: In order to make this doable I'm going to go to one of my favorite missions rather than a Free game.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Oct Thu 13, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd get some AARs up, but for the moment I don't have a XBox because I loaned mine to a friend. I dunno when I'll be asking for it back. I know he's not getting a XBox 360 for money reasons and if Dai Senryaku plays on the 360 with no problem, I'll be more than happy to start getting some juicy AARs up.

Especially considering that I'm going to make sure that I do the first one as a MEU (Marine Expeditionary Unit) setup only. Which means that I'll only be using about half to a third of the available US units. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ElricJC

PostPosted: Oct Thu 13, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: AAR Reply with quote

I haven't played the game for a while since I've been playing X-Men Legends II (got it for me B-day Smile), but I have recently been playing Crab Archipelago as the UK vs. the US. I'm on turn 34 and am trying to keep them contained in the northern border of the central island. I should have them licked in 6-10 turns. It's been a long hammer job, considering the US has everything the UK does and more, but victory is insight. I'll give you all my AAR soon.
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Oct Thu 13, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is X-Men Legends II? It looked bad ass, but I've haven't really been into fighting games (does DS VII count?) for a while. They got way too complicated for me going back to the Mortal Kombat series. I mean, who can remember all that up, down, a, a, b, down, now rub your stomach and pat your head special moves BS. Uggh! Bad memories! Anyways, is it easy to play?
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Oct Thu 13, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanielRuoss wrote:
How is X-Men Legends II? It looked bad ass, but I've haven't really been into fighting games (does DS VII count?) for a while. They got way too complicated for me going back to the Mortal Kombat series. I mean, who can remember all that up, down, a, a, b, down, now rub your stomach and pat your head special moves BS. Uggh! Bad memories! Anyways, is it easy to play?

If it's anything like the first X-Men Legends, then it's pretty simple. A little more complicated than your old school brawler, but much simpler than your current gen fighting games like Tekken. Cool

ElricJC

PostPosted: Oct Thu 13, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: X-Men Reply with quote

First off, it's not a fighting game, it's an action RPG. The fighting is real time, but there is none of that a+b+C+stand on your head and sing the national anthem crap Smile. All the abilities are by a rearrangable power menu that's keyed to an action button, and you can freely rotate control between any one of four people in your action team. Most of it is fighting, but a lot of it is puzzle solving and finding things in the field to unlock other things. I haven't gotten too deep into it yet, but I like it.

Dialog can be corny, but then again its based off the X-Men comic, so, uh, yeah, despite that it's okay. And really, the game itself is quite interesting. I'm usually more for TBS RPGs, but the real time is fine, and the controls are really quite simple once you get the hang of them.
ElricJC

PostPosted: Oct Fri 14, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: AAR Reply with quote

Scenario: Crab Archipelago
Enemy: United States
Elric: United Kingdom
Total Turns: 57
Total US Casualties: 2,683
Total UK Casualties: 658

Pre-Action Strategic Plan: Secure advanced territories (Factories a priority) while moving 8 Challenger 2 columns, along with 2 Sabre columns, 2 Warrior columns, 5 Starstreak columns, and 6 Braveheart columns and 2 MLRS columns for ranged fire support. 3 supply trucks follow behind main forces. Meanwhile, a group of 3 VTOL squads (2 Harrier GR.7s and 1 F-35 configured for multi-role) overfly to intercept enemy air units and to destroy advanced ground units.

Second stage: Send in 4 Apache squads, 2 Lynx squads, and 1 Chinook with Spec. Forces to act as forward strike and capture units. Send up 4 more Challenger 2 columns and 3 more Braveheart columns to reinforce forward army.

British forces encounter strong ground resistance - 6/8 forward tank squads lost in combat, but air assaults help to stabilize the line. 2 Jaguar GR.3 squads, 1 Eurofighter squad, 1 mid-air refueler to support the ground effort and reinforce air defense.

Air combat: British air units encounter and destroy 2 Raptor, 2 Eagle, and 2 Hornet RC squads with no British air squadrons lost. Americans produce no other combat air craft - British control air for the remainder of the battle (As of Turn 22).

Ground combat: British forces slowly roll American ground units back to the northern isthmus, capture all enemy territories by turn 39 on central land mass.

Base: (Turn 32) Astute class nuclear submarine loaded with UGM-109 missiles, heavy transport, Invincible class carrier with 3 Harrier and 1 F-35 squad, and supply ship dispatched with 6 Challenger 2 columns and one supply truck convoy for the western coast of the American land mass. New Chinook squad with additional Spec. Forces dispatched to replace Chinook squadron destroyed by LAV-AD sneak attack.

Turn 42: Battle definitively turns against the American forces as the transport ship lands and reinforces the southern advance of 2 Challenger 2 columns assisted by 7 Braveheart and 1 MLRS columns, supported by 3 Supply trucks, 4 Apaches, 3 Harriers, 3 Jaguars, 2 F-35s, and 1 Eurofighter squad. Air attacks focus primarily on Abrams tanks columns, reducing American ability to hold the line. Also, all recon vehicles attacked and destroyed immediately upon discovery, reducing American forward recon ability.

Turn 44: Southern factories and cities secured by Lynx helicopters on American land mass. Americans lose major production abilities as they are reduced to 2 factories.

Turn 49: Air units reconoiter and resupply for final push as ground units continue to roll towards American lines.

Turn 57: British land units come within 6 hexes of American base as combined RN and RAF air strikes reduce proximity defenses around American base. Chinook lands and Spec. Forces squad 1 destroys remaining Abrams tanks defending the American base proper. Second Spec. Forces scquadron marches into American base. Americans surrender.

Synopsis: The original strategy was beginning to fall apart as the American ground assault was heavier and more earnest than originally considered, but by deploying a naval and marine attack force in a wide flanking maneuver supported by heavy bombing the Americans were inexorably rolled back, and were unable to produce enough units to replace those that were lost. The victory was made possible by absolute control of both air and sea.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Oct Sat 15, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice battle Elric. That Amphibious Landing seemed liked the cincher, which is not surprise because Marines rock. Even if it is the British Royal Marines, but then again they are what US Marines were originally based off of. Twisted Evil

ElricJC

PostPosted: Oct Sat 15, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: New Battle Reply with quote

Yeah, that was okay, but I have a new AAR - AND I HAD A NAVAL BATTLE! WHEE!

Scenario: Armada
Enemies: Russia (Blue), UK (Red), France (Green)
Elric: China (Yellow)
Total enemy casualties: 883
Total Chinese casualties: 234
Total Turns: 29

Pre-Operations strategy: Original idea called for a convoy system composed of:

3 Jianwei frigates
2 Transport ships (one with 7 Type 98 tanks and 1 Supply truck, the other with 6 PLZ-45s and 2 Supply trucks).
1 Assault ship (with 3 Type 89 Tank Destroyers and 1 Gazelle attack chopper)
2 Song diesel submarines
1 Supply ship
3 Sh-5 AShw prop-driven aircraft
3 Hong-6 Badger strategic bombers
1 SU-30MMK (configured for Air-to-Air)

This armada would steam around the northern side of the southern landmass connected to the primary Chinese landmass, and then the armada would turn through the straits and into the Russian bay. 3 Ivan Rogov assault ships, 1 Udalov destroyers, and two transport ships were encountered at sea. In the fighting 1 Jianwei frigate and the tranport ship carrying the tanks was destroyed by helicopter attacks, despite the best efforts of the fleet and their air support. All Russian vessels were destroyed by a combination of frigate and SH-5 fire. The sea battle against the Russians had ended by turn 14, and the Song submarines with the supply ship in tow went north and west to destroy an British landing craft that were ferrying troops to the Russian landmass.

While this was going on, Chinese transport aircraft had been dispatched to the southern and north eastern landmass to secure vital factories. The French continued to commit assault helicopters to harrassment duty, succeeding in the capture of one Chinese city on the northern part of its landmass. Scramble forces had to be deployed to counter the helicopters - 1 PGZ-95 SPAAG, 1 Type 89 TD, and 2 Infantry squads. Later another Hong-6 Badger was deployed (B class), a new J-11 Flanker squad, and a J-8 Finback squad (S class) to destroy a French Rafale, Mirage F-1, and Super Etendard that were harrassing Chinese units in the area. One of two Spec. Forces squads on the NW island were destroyed by guided bombs dropped by the Super Etendard. One squad was destroyed on the southern landmass by landed Russian ground forces, including 3 T-80s, 2 MSTA 219 SPHs, 1 Infantry squad, and 1 Tor M1 ADS. 2 Type 98s, 1 PLZ-45, and 1 PGZ-95 dispatched to counter this landing force, accompanied by a Gazelle helicopter. All Russian forces were destroyed with no further casualties.

Turn 15: Hong-6 Badgers (1 C level, 2 S level) destroy the infantry guarding the nearest port, and destroyed any heavy armor that could resist the landing. All PLZ-45s land safely, destroying another infantry squad, while the TDs were safely landed on the southern part of the island on Turn 15, drawing away some forces from the Russian base in order to counter them. No significant counter to the TDs were found and no casualties were suffered by the 3 Type 89 columns.

Turn 17: Hong-6 Badgers clear additional heavy armor while a transport aircraft airdrops Spec. Forces onto the Russian base. PLZs maintain heavy artillery fire around the base to give the Spec. Forces breathing room.

Turn 18: Russian base taken, Russians surrendered. Chinese productive base increased by 40%. Ground forces resupply and repair for next 2 turns, as do the damaged Jianwei Frigates. Meanwhile, the Song submarines successfully encounter and sink 3 Albion class Assault ships, and as the Chinese fleet redeploys from the captured Russian landmass the Songs surface and resupply at the supply ship.

Turns 20-22. Air units reconoiter in the mid sea between Russian and British landmasses, naval ships still a ways off, but Songs continue the hunt for enemy ships. The French are fighting the British in the north, occupying most of their forces.

Turn 23: Badger bombers streak forward and pound UK base defenses, while 2 Gazelles attack border units, and Song submarines catch a fully loaded British transport in port and sink it and its load of 8 different ground units, and sink another fully loaded transport as it left port. Few defenders left to counter resulting air-drop.

Turn 24: Despite frenzied attacks on the Special Forces team in the UK base, the unit remains to secure the British command. British forces surrender.

Turn 25: Spec. Forces unit 1 remains in British command area, supported by 1 Gazelle to protect cities against French capture units. Chinese naval forces catch up and the lead B-class Jianwei blunders into the detection area of an enemy Tiger helicopter. Both Frigates come under heavy helicopter attacks, but barely survive and are able to destroy the enemy helicopter with support from the S-class Su-30MMK. Bombers and transport streak north to the French bases's NW flank by turn 27. Meanwhile, SH-5 and Song squadrons encounter a large landing force of 3 Foudre assault ships and 1 Lafayette frigate steaming towards the newly captured British landmass. All French units destroyed with no Chinese casualties.

Turn 27: As two transports, one from Russian Island and a new one from the Chinese base are nearing the French island, advanced air and naval units encounter remaining French naval forces, composed of 2 transports fully loaded. Transports destroyed by SH-5 and Song fire, remaining helicopters dispersed by Jianwei frigates and Su-30MMK.

Turn 28: Badgers bomb the French HQ, destroying the Infantry guarding the base, an AMX-32B squad on its flank, and a nearby AMX-10RC squad. Spec. Forces are airdropped onto the base. The French have no remaining counter, as the last desperate shells of the French howitzers fail to disperse the Spec. Forces.

Turn 29: Special Forces capture French HQ. French surrender.

Synopsis: The rolling naval and air attacks, combining anti-ship and anti-air ability with a large landing force were able to rapidly roll up all comers. The French proved most annoying as they dispatched countless numbers of Puma assault choppers and a few fighters, but this was at best an annoyance. By securing 3 extra factories right away, production was able to maintain a high level, more than able to supply reinforcements as they were needed, and of very high experience as well. Once the Russians were gone, the entire southern island chain belonged to China, and once the British were gone the French were completely surrounded with no real hope of victory. The one major problem encountered by the Chinese was the loss of their transport carrying their advance tank force. This large loss of life was regretable, but ultimately unavoidable due to the dangerous nature of where they had to land, so close to the Russian base itself. A remedy might have been another fighter squadron, but forces were already extended to their max.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Oct Sat 15, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan-tastic! Very nice. That sounds like a game I would have LOVED to participate in.
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Oct Sat 15, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Armada' is tons of fun. I've just created a map I call 'Naval Melee'. In principle it's like 'Armada' in that it is mainly an air and sea battle. It's 4 players, all opposed, with same resources. The players have different 'bases' which range from small islands to just land in the map corners. There is a neutral island in the middle with factories, airfields, ports, and cities which sucks in the opponents. Hence, the 'Naval Melee' moniker. I'll describe it in more detail in a different thread. The real kicker is that I jacked up the funds to maximum in order to allow large navies, better equipment, and longer play. Increasing the funds on most maps leads to much better games in my opinion. Just do it for both sides otherwise you're pretty much cheating by quickly overwhelming the opponent.
ElricJC

PostPosted: Oct Sat 15, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Armada Battle Reply with quote

Another way I use to gauge combat success is not so much total casualties, but total financial damage done compared to damage received, based upon the combined costs of all units destroyed.

In this case, the battle brok down like this...

Financial damage suffered via China:
Russia: $36,265
Britain: $18,520
France: $27,840
Total: $82,625

Financial damage suffered by China: $7,100

All numbers are based upon individually destroyed units, at E level. Some enemy units destroyed were in excess of this, but their over all cost has not been reflected here (since it varies on just how much experience they have).

Units lost by China:

1 Jianwei frigate, 1 transport ship, 7 Type 98 MBTs, 1 supply truck, 2 Special Forces, 2 Gazelle helicopters, and 1 JZ-6 Recon jet.

Over all that is an 11.63 : 1 ratio of financial damage dealt to damage received. If you can inflict sufficient financial damage, close to or in excess of their per turn generation, then the enemy will be on the eventual decline. Destroying full transport ships is a really good way to inflict heavy damage on both the financial and numerical counts. I was able to suck up my lose simply because I lost no other transports and even with that loss, it was only $3,300. The US losing 1 Raptor suffers more for it. And in a strange way it helped me since it freed up additional unit slots for other purposes, like defending against French fighters.
ElricJC

PostPosted: Oct Sun 16, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Gulf of Thailand Reply with quote

Okay, on a roll here with another AAR.

Scenario: Gulf of Thailand
Enemies: Germany (Green), Israel (Red)
Me: United States (Blue)
Total Enemy casualties: 584
Total American casualties: 0
Total Turns: 28

Pre-Operations strategy: Capture enemy bases without suffering any casualties. Utilize long-range attack units supported by ground units to hold vital facilities.

Stage 1: Deploy Spec. Forces squadrons in two Ospreys (one up through northern Malaysia, the other into southern Cambodia and Vietnam).

Stage 2: Deploy 2 Abrams, 2 M109A6 Paladins, 1 LAV-AD, 1 LAV-25 IFV, 1 ATACMS, and 1 Patriot missile battery followed by 1 supply truck to hold the Malaysian Isthmus at its narrowest point. At the same time a transport vessel loads up 3 Abrams, 3 ATACMS, 1 Bradley M3 CFV, and 1 supply truck, followed by a Comanche scout helicopter to secure the southern Cambodian factories.

Stage 3: Secure forward cities and retreat from them, creating a 4 hex buffer zone from the main defensive line in southern Cambodia. Capture units continue to secure all southern facilities, and a Galaxy transport will continually ferry in additional ground units, such as two more Paladins and another Abrams. Meanwhile the Spec. Forces air group in Malaysia refuels at a southern city as the Long Range Air Strike squadron is composed. Air units to be constructed as follows...

1: Comanche (Group 2)
2: F-18RC (Group 1)
3: B-1 (Group 1)
4: B-1 (Group 1)
5: KC-135 Stratotanker (Group 1)
6: Prowler ECM (Group 1)
7: FB-22 (Group 1)
8: Apache (Group 2)
9: Apache (Group 2)
10: Galazy transport (Group 2)
11: F-18RC (Group 2)
12: B-1 (Group 1)
13: FB-22 (Group 1)
14: AWACS plane (Group 1)

This air group construction plan will suffice to hold off all enemies until a second air group can be constructed for holding duty over Vietnam and Cambodia, which will be composed of 3 A-10s w/guided bombs and 2 F-117 Nighthawks with an attending Stratotanker, and the F-18RC already operating in the area. No fighters have been dispatched to Group 2 because it has been assumed that Red army would not have the capability to maintain a jet airforce.

Stage 4: As of turn 14 production is settled to an "as needed" basis. Most likely a couple more Fighters, likely F/A-22 Raptors or F-35As configured for pure interception. Once the enemies have been pushed away the Long Range Attack Force swings around into the sea west of Malaysia and swings forward at High elevation to the German base stationed at Imphal in Myanmar (Burma).

Stage 5 (turn 22): Osprey catches up and flies under the LRAF formations. The F-18RC leads in with the Prowler to blind any defending righters or recce air units, and the FB-22s and F-35s either attack these blinded units or set up the ground attack and launch long-range missiles into the base's defenses. Likely all signigicant base defense will be destroyed by this combined fire and the Osprey will land, deploying forces into the base.

Meanwhile, the Group 2 Air Strike Force resupplies and prepares to set off for the Israeli base in northern Vietnam.

Stage 6: Group 1 swings around, refuels at the Stratotanker and afterburns to join Group two for the final attacks.

Stage 7 (Turn 26-2Cool: Both forces combine, ground units press forward, and long range missiles and heavy bombing reduce Israeli base to nothing. Ground troops land and capture base.

Strategic execution: The intended stratgey above went off without a hitch. No American casualties were suffered, not even the loss of one sub unit from one unit. Enemy aircraft were detected well in advance by the F-18RCs and the AWACS craft, were blinded by the Prowler, and were shot to death by FB-22s, F-35s, and F/A-22s. Some German tanks and other units fired at the Comanche or Apaches over Cambodia, but no sub-units were lost. Choppers withdrew, luring the Germans into the ATACMS kill zone and were rapidly dispatched from distance by the ATACMS, Paladins, and the Choppers.

No American tank ever directly fired upon another ground unit except when one Marder A3 unit blundered into one of Group 2's tanks. Combined battery fire from the B-1s and FB-22s reduced the German defenses to hamburger, and did likewise to the Israelis, in concert with heavy A-10 and F-117 bombing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: