Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changes/improvements you'd like to see
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElricJC

PostPosted: Aug Wed 24, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Things I'd like to see Reply with quote

1: A smarter AI which utilizes all its units in combat (Navy for instance)

2: There are some unit mistakes, such as with the Russian T-90 and 80. Their Kontakt missiles can actually be used to fire at low flying air targets, but they can't in this game. Changing that would make them far more useful.

3: Being able to more freely mix-and-match ammo loads would be nice for units like the T-80 again, because their Kontakt missiles are treated exactly like a standard round, so in some cases you could switch most of their ammo to missiles and less to the main gun - like a 2:2 ratio. They could become low-rent SPSAMs plus have the ability to hold the line. Good tactical possibilities here.

4: A smarter AI, I just thought it needed repeating Smile

5: A more indepth map editor allowing multiple tactical situations (like capture all factories, capture one facility (at map point so and so), survive for X rounds, etc.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Wed 24, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Things I'd like to see Reply with quote

ElricJC wrote:
1: A smarter AI which utilizes all its units in combat (Navy for instance)

2: There are some unit mistakes, such as with the Russian T-90 and 80. Their Kontakt missiles can actually be used to fire at low flying air targets, but they can't in this game. Changing that would make them far more useful.

3: Being able to more freely mix-and-match ammo loads would be nice for units like the T-80 again, because their Kontakt missiles are treated exactly like a standard round, so in some cases you could switch most of their ammo to missiles and less to the main gun - like a 2:2 ratio. They could become low-rent SPSAMs plus have the ability to hold the line. Good tactical possibilities here.

4: A smarter AI, I just thought it needed repeating Smile

5: A more indepth map editor allowing multiple tactical situations (like capture all factories, capture one facility (at map point so and so), survive for X rounds, etc.

Lists, everyone loves lists. Very Happy

Well, I wholeheartedly agree on all points. Especially, the addition of an indepth scenario editor and a smarter AI system.

In addition to having some historical fixes, I'd like to see heavy bombers added to the rest of the nations such as the Vulcan. I understand that not every nation has a set of them, but I'd love to see more units period. The B-52 for example is still in service and could be a cheaper alternative to the B-1B in the early stages of the game.

Also, I'd like to see more mobile emplacements, such as the Soviet SCUDs, Silkworm ASM Launchers, Frog-7s, etc. I know that the Chinese are bound to have some variants for their own use, which would improve their lackluster military.

Lastly, I'd like to see more nations included. The Korean scenario in Free play would be much more interesting if you could actually have North and South Korea. Namely because the South Koreans have some cool hardware.

Oh, and before I forget. Add in the USMC's AAV-7! Nothing worse than not having an Amphibious APC. Oh, and Marines for amphibious landing capable countries wouldn't hurt either. Better than infantry, and above the power of paratroopers, but below or on par with Spec Ops. Yeah, and gimme my damn CH-53 Super Stallions! Cool

Which reminds me, APCs really should be able to carry infantry and NOT standalone units themselves. Transports are weak means to get my troops around and I don't always want to have to use a grunt bus (The Chinook for those that don't know).

Also, it would be infinitely cooler to see graphical improvements. I'd like to see textures added to the units on the map (a toggle function of course) and have a different means to tell which army is what. While not a necessary function, it would be a great addition to make the game more palatable to the less hardcore of our TBS bretheren. Wink

I'm sure I missed a ton, but these are what stick out the most at this point in time. Twisted Evil

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug Wed 24, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good suggestions everyone, keep them coming! Twisted Evil

PS...One of my first suggestions for the Xbox version was to add Marines!
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Wed 24, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
Good suggestions everyone, keep them coming! Twisted Evil

PS...One of my first suggestions for the Xbox version was to add Marines!

Hehe, trying to appease the resident Marine eh? Laughing

Ooh Rah! Carry On. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
irashunal

PostPosted: Aug Sat 27, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: complaint du jour Reply with quote

Alright, all is good for the most part - BUT i'd like to see the Air Transports actually be able to carry a little more. And why aren't the supply trucks dropable? That would be a heckuva bonus ability!

Also - the terrain that will allow a drop... is there any way 'acceptable terrain' could be highlighted near the carrier whenever you highlight the 'drop' button? That would make using airborne units alot easier.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Sat 27, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: complaint du jour Reply with quote

irashunal wrote:
Alright, all is good for the most part - BUT i'd like to see the Air Transports actually be able to carry a little more. And why aren't the supply trucks dropable? That would be a heckuva bonus ability!

Also - the terrain that will allow a drop... is there any way 'acceptable terrain' could be highlighted near the carrier whenever you highlight the 'drop' button? That would make using airborne units alot easier.

Well, as far as I know, the military cannot drop a Supply Truck as they are rather large and prone to flipping over. Anyone that has seen the old M551 Sheratan Light Tanks dropped would know that they run the risk of flipping over. Which, I don't think that they use these anymore to my recollection.

As far as "safe" terrain to paradrop on lighting up, that would be a nice feature. I've botched an assault or two by being unable to drop into a territory and then lose the initiative in the attack.

ElricJC

PostPosted: Aug Sun 28, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: SHERIDAN Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyone that has seen the old M551 Sheratan Light Tanks dropped would know that they run the risk of flipping over. Which, I don't think that they use these anymore to my recollection.

The SHERIDAN light tank is, indeed, no longer used for the basic reason that it sucked, and as far as I know no attempt has been taken to make a new air drop capable light tank for the U.S., which is unfortunate because with more modern technology a good light tank of this type could be created.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Mon 29, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: SHERIDAN Reply with quote

ElricJC wrote:
Quote:
Anyone that has seen the old M551 Sheratan Light Tanks dropped would know that they run the risk of flipping over. Which, I don't think that they use these anymore to my recollection.

The SHERIDAN light tank is, indeed, no longer used for the basic reason that it sucked, and as far as I know no attempt has been taken to make a new air drop capable light tank for the U.S., which is unfortunate because with more modern technology a good light tank of this type could be created.

Damn, I could never remember the spelling of that damn thing.

Anyhow, yes it sucked. It's main cannon is prone to jamming and if I remember correctly, used an entire different ammunition (I'm thinking rockets of some sort). Regardless, I've heard that there are rumors of such a development program ensuing, but for the time being, the military is trying to simply give the Paratroopers more firepower in portable form in the meantime.

Which makes me wonder, does ANY nation currently have a tank that can be air dropped in service these days? I wouldn't think so, simply because I think I'd be aware of it, but then again, there are pieces of hardware that I haven't gotten around to learning about yet.

ElricJC

PostPosted: Aug Tue 30, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Changes Reply with quote

I just thought of another change I'd like to see. SAM batteries should have the ability to attack any enemy air unit that comes within their weapons range or detection range if another unit is providing greater detection. After all, SAM batteries are supposed to be air defense weapons and generally attack an air unit as soon as it comes within range.

This would make SAMs more useful, and prevent some of the cheap tactics that can be used to instantly land and take an enemy base.

Quote:
Anyhow, yes it sucked. It's main cannon is prone to jamming and if I remember correctly, used an entire different ammunition (I'm thinking rockets of some sort). Regardless, I've heard that there are rumors of such a development program ensuing, but for the time being, the military is trying to simply give the Paratroopers more firepower in portable form in the meantime.

Which makes me wonder, does ANY nation currently have a tank that can be air dropped in service these days? I wouldn't think so, simply because I think I'd be aware of it, but then again, there are pieces of hardware that I haven't gotten around to learning about yet.

The primary weapons of the Sheridan were Beehive and HE rounds, with their main anti-tank weapon being the Shillelagh missile. As far as I know, the Shillelagh missile was never actually fired in anger.

As far as other air drop capable tanks, there have only been a couple of historical examples that I am familiar with - The Vietnam era Sheridan, and the older WWII era Tetrarch tank, made by Vickers. Both tanks proved inadequate for their intended missions because of poor armament and poor armor. To the best of my knowledge there are no other air drop capable light tanks currently in service with any nation.

Development programs have long since looked away from the light tank and more towards LAVs equipped with anti-tank missiles and sometimes anti-air systems as viable replacements for the light tank, since AT missiles are smaller and more destructive than the kind of guns that can be mounted on even the heaviest light tanks, such as the Stingray which uses a low recoil force variant of the L7A1 105mm tank gun, and a similar weapon is used by both the AMX-10RC and South African Rooikat armoured cars. However, with recent developments with advanced forms of laminate armor and composite materials, and different materials used in both engine and weapons manufacture (such as high strength ceramic composites which are lighter for their strength than steel) could lead to light tanks capable of resisting up to 35mm rounds while mounting larger bore weapons such as full-force versions of the 105mm, as well as 120mm guns. As a civilian I don't have access to any current military developments, but this is what I've heard so far.
CasaDeQueso

PostPosted: Aug Wed 31, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey y'all,

Again, have to say thanks for the awesome game that has kept me addicted far longer than Halo ever could.

As far as improvements go, if you do allow manufacturing capabilities outside the 5-hex area around the capital, how about making the map itself BIGGER? Just a thought.

Keep up the great work!
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug Wed 31, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIGGER?! Man, what a glutton for punishment! Just kidding. Thanks for ALL of the suggestions people, I enjoy the enthusiasim for the title.

All the best,

Adoug Twisted Evil
CasaDeQueso

PostPosted: Aug Wed 31, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One last thing (and this question doesn't really belong in this thread), but I have seen mentions of DSVII for PS2 ... I can't seem to find anything on the site mentioning PS2, is there a version coming out and will it be at all different (will it be worth buying for the PS2 if I already own it on Xbox)?

PostPosted: Aug Wed 31, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CasaDeQueso wrote:
One last thing (and this question doesn't really belong in this thread), but I have seen mentions of DSVII for PS2 ... I can't seem to find anything on the site mentioning PS2, is there a version coming out and will it be at all different (will it be worth buying for the PS2 if I already own it on Xbox)?

It's called Daisenryaku VII Exceed and it's only been officially announced in Japan.
Think Daisenryaku VII with:

Over 800 units
Unit persistence across missions
Personalities leading the troops
More missions

That is as translated from the official Japanese site. There was (some time ago) a tentative June-Aug release in Japan but that never happened. Instead the date was pushed to TBA. whee. Anyway, there's an ongoing thread supporting its US localization here.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Thu 01, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, and here I was thinking it was a thread I haven't posted in. Laughing

irashunal

PostPosted: Sep Fri 02, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: complaint du jour Reply with quote

irashunal wrote:

Okay, so even if you can't drop the actual HEMMT Supply trucks how about being able to drop a "care package" by parachute to the troops in the hostile territory? Some way to supply the units by air would be exceptional! Why can't a chinook-like unit be in the game to do the job?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: